#TrainingThursday: How to Stay Motivated During Your Half Marathon Training
Training for your half marathon – if done correctly – can be one of the highlights of your year.
Over 8-10 weeks you get to explore your city, meet new friends, develop new healthy habits, and get really, really (like really) fit. But it’s not all high fives and post-run brunches. The training can get hard and monotonous, so in this video we give you our go-to strategies for staying motivated throughout the inevitable ups and downs that half marathon training provides.
Some of our tips include:
- Take it one day at a time
- Expect training days to vary (not every day is going to be awesome).
- Expect your body to hurt a little bit, and for potential injuries to come. Battle that by being flexible with your plan when you need to.
- Always go back to your “why”.
- Find ways to hold yourself accountable to your workouts – with a training buddy or with your family & friends.
Remember, if it were easy it wouldn’t be the satisfying, dare we say character building journey that it is. Cheering you on every step of the way!