Date Rescheduling FAQ
- I am unable to make the rescheduled date. Can I get a refund?
Refunds will not be offered. If you are unable to make the rescheduled date, we encourage you to transfer to our virtual option free of charge or defer your registration to November 14, 2021 or November 13, 2022 Berkeley Half Marathon.
- How do I transfer to a virtual or defer my registration?
Use this link.
- What happens to my items (gifts with registration, referral and loyal) if I move to virtual?Participation items, gift with registration and referral items be mailed to you 30 days after race day on December 13th. We will pause your loyal status for 2020 and restart in 2021. If you do not run in 2021 you will lose your loyal status.
- I paid for Bib Mailing/Bart Bus Ticket when I registered. What happens to those if I move to virtual?Charges for Bib Mailing/Bart Bus Ticket will be refunded if you choose to move to our virtual race. Refunds will be processed within the next 45 days. Credits will be marked ‘Race Central’ on your statement.
- What happens to my items (participation items and loyal) if I register to run virtually?Your participant shirt will be stamped with your loyal status. You will retain your loyal status and years and once you register for 2021 you will be able to pick up any applicable gifts in 2021 at our Expo. If you do not run in 2021 then you lose your loyal status and will restart the next time you run the Berkeley Half Marathon.
- What happens to my items (participation items, gifts with registration, referral and loyal) if I defer?Participation items – you will get the shirt and medal of the year you deferred to at the expo (shirt)/race day (medal).
Gift with registration/Referral – you will be able to pick up a comparable gift at the Expo of the year you defer to.
Loyal items – we will pause your loyal status for 2020 and restart it the year you deferred to. For example, if 2020 was going to be your 5 year loyal with us but you defer to 2022, in 2022 you will be considered 5 year loyal.
- I paid for Bib Mailing/Bart Bus Ticket when I registered. What happens to those if I defer? Your existing Bib Mailing/Bart Bus Ticket will automatically be deferred to the year you select.
- Why can’t I get a refund?
Our no-refund policy is in place because your entry fee supports the costs associated with producing the event, which are incurred in the weeks and months leading up to the race. Many of these costs have already been incurred for the original race date.
- If I purchased a virtual registration, can I upgrade to an in-person registration?Yes, just email us at: email@example.com. You must make this change by August 1st.
- What about any challenges I would be completing this year?The SFM/BHM Challenge can be completed by running both races in person in 2020.
- I live overseas, are my options the same?
If you live in a country where you are not allowed to travel to the USA please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What steps are you taking to make sure runners are safe?
We are working closely with local, state and federal health officials to determine new best practices for mass gatherings. New health and safety procedures for participants, volunteers, staff and spectators alike will be shared in the months ahead.