- Berkeley Half Marathon Packet Pickup on Friday and Saturday, November 17th and 18th, 2017
- Race Start and Finish Lines on Sunday, November 19th, 2017
- Some opportunities include: Informational/Directional Volunteers, Distribution of Medals and Water, Runner and Spectator Shuttle Assistance, Distribution of Heatsheets, Distribution of Medals, Green Team, Shirt Exchange
- Race Day Aid Stations along Route on Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Berkeley Half Marathon requires that you read and adhere to all volunteer guidelines. We expect all volunteers to act in such a manner to help create a positive, safe, and fun atmosphere for all runners and spectators. As race week approaches, your group captain will be provided with more detailed information about your role. If you have any questions or comments about our guidelines, or need any additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Berkeley Half Marathon Volunteer Code of Conduct and Guidelines
- Learn More
The 2017 Berkeley Half Marathon Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Conduct yourself as a positive, informative member of our volunteer team. Consider how long these runners have been training for, and help to celebrate their accomplishments!
- Follow all directions from your volunteer captain. These directions are in place for the safety of our runners and spectators.
- Refrain from using profane, harassing, or any other language which could be considered offensive while volunteering.
- Refrain from using any and all drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products while volunteering and during our events.
- Respect and treat all event participants with dignity and kindness. Berkeley is home to one of the most unique melting pot’s in the world. Everyone deserves a chance to run.
The 2017 Berkeley Half Marathon Volunteer Guidelines
- Upon arrival, please check in at your designated volunteer check in location.
- Berkeley Half Marathon and staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items. We highly recommend volunteers leave any and all valuables at home.
- All volunteers must wear their volunteer shirt for the duration of their volunteer shift.
- All volunteers will be required to stand for most or all of their shift. Please be prepared by dressing comfortably and appropriately for your assignment. Aid station volunteers may get wet!
- All volunteers must plan to work for the entirety of their shift. Shift times and locations have been predetermined for safety precautions.
- Please do not bring children or pets to your volunteer shift location. These could be considered distractions from your volunteer responsibilities and otherwise create a safety concern for our participants.
- Aid Station Volunteers: Those volunteering at an aid station along the course will assist with setup, breakdown, and cleanup for the location. Volunteers should expect physical labor and dress appropriately, as you may get wet. It is imperative all aid station volunteers arrive on time and ready to work as water and electrolyte needs to be ready for distribution as the runners begin to race through. Shift times and locations are subject to change.
- If you need to cancel, please contact us at email@example.com immediately.
- Group leaders are required to attend the Pre-Race Volunteer Meeting. Please let race staff know asap if you are unable to attend. This meeting is highly important to discuss the schedule of events, instructions, parking, and race safety. The Pre-Race Volunteer Meeting time and location for 2017 are TBD and subject to change if necessary.
To Apply: To learn more about available volunteer opportunities and discuss a good fit for you or your organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome volunteer sign ups at our Packet Pickup Volunteers Booth for Race Day volunteering.